Thursday 16 August 2012

Go Noel!

Being a bit of an Oasis fan and seeing how this also involves an Olympic story i found this story in the Manchester Evening News quite interesting :

"Noel Gallagher, who split from Manchester music giants Oasis, has claimed he turned down an invitation to perform at the Olympics closing ceremony after being asked to mime."

He went on to say :


"I was asked to do it a long time ago and, to be frank, they were being so secretive about it,"

"I was like 'Who else is playing?' and they were like 'We can't tell you, you've got to sign a confidentiality agreement'. It's like it's the Iran nuclear programme or something.


"And then they wanted me to do it acoustically - and then they wanted me to mime. And I'm all for miming in TV shows - but if you're in a stadium with 80,000 people and you're pretending? I can play live!
"I said (to one of the organisers) 'Why do you want me to mime?' and he said 'It's a big gig'. Really? I do this shit for a living.

"In the end, I was just like, you know what, I'd rather watch it on the telly."



That is true, Noel has always been brilliant live, his acoustic sets are always top notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment